Apart from the 1972 Dolphins, three NFL teams have completed undefeated and untied regular seasons: the 1934 Chicago Bears, the 1942 Chicago Bears, and the 2007 New England Patriots.
NFL Power Rankings 2020: Post-Super Bowl 2021 edition
- 01 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (LW: 2) 32 / 32.
- 02 Kansas City Chiefs (LW: 1) 31 / 32.
- 03 Buffalo Bills (LW: 3) 30 / 32.
- 04 Green Bay Packers (LW: 4) 29 / 32.
- 05 Los Angeles Rams (LW: 9)
- 06 Baltimore Ravens (LW: 5)
- 07 Seattle Seahawks (LW: 6)
- 08 Indianapolis Colts (LW: 7)
The Super Bowl is the NFL championship game. It pits the winner of the AFC against the champion of the NFC. These winners are joined by two teams called wildcard teams, who qualify based on the win-loss records of the remaining teams in each conference that didn't finish first in their respective divisions.
Both the AFC and NFC were created after the NFL merged with the American Football League (AFL) in 1970. In order to balance the merged league, all ten of the former AFL teams along with the NFL's Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Baltimore Colts formed the AFC, while the remaining 13 NFL teams formed the NFC.